Burden of Truth is a Canadian courtroom drama that debuted on CBC on January 10, 2018. Kristin Kreuk plays the lead role. The Canadian television series Burden of Truth, produced by Brad Simpson, follows corporate attorney Joanna Hanley as she returns to her hometown to take on a complicated case.
It involves a huge pharmaceutical company and a group of girls who are suffering from an unexplainable illness, and as she digs deeper, she discovers surprising facts. The legal drama began on the CBC on January 10, 2018. On July 25, 2018, the show premiered on The CW in the United States.
Recap of Burden of Truth Season 4
Millwood is split over a proposed mining project, so lawyer and new mother Joanna Chang takes on the case of a landowner whose farm is in the way of the mine. To protect her client’s legal rights and keep the litigation going, Joanna begins a search for her client’s long-lost daughter.
In order to examine the accident site, Billy Crawford enlists the help of an unexpected specialist. Joanna becomes the focus of an unusual criminal investigation. Luna has returned to Millwood to help her sister.
Beckbie helps Kip deal with a personal problem. As her investigation progresses, Taylor finds an unexpected revelation. Joanna is running out of time to gather evidence in order to have the allegations against her dropped before the hearing at the end of the day. Her desire for proof will lead to a conflict with her legal team.
Billy’s inquiry into the mine’s criminal case. Joanna and Billy are balancing the responsibilities of new parents. When the mine’s injunction is withdrawn, they are taken aback. The return of her client’s lost daughter. Joanna sees a chance to revive the mine’s legal case.
Her and Billy’s inquiry continues. The Oro North mine looks to be anything but what it claims to be. Joanna and Billy set out to finish their case against the mine with only one day until the mine’s disciplinary hearing.
Burden of Truth Season 5 Release Date
There is some bad news to report about the series. To begin with, The CW does not have the authority to renew the show. The legal drama is a Canadian production, and CBC makes the final decision. Season 4 has already aired in Canada, and we already know what the show’s future holds. Unfortunately, the series has come to an end, and there will be no fifth season.
Burden of Truth Season 5 Cast
As there is no official confirmation for Burden of Truth season 5, there is no official announcement of the cast, here is a list of the cast of Burden of Truth Season 4.
- Peter Mooney as Billy Crawford
- Kristin Kreuk as Joanna Chang
- Meegwun Fairbrother as Owen Beckbie
- Star Slade as Luna Spence
- Nicola Correia-Damude as Diane Evans
- Anwen O’Driscoll as Taylor Matheson
- Paul Braunstein as Sam Mercer
- Sara Thompson as Molly Ross
- Varun Saranga as Noah Achari
- David Lawrence Brown as Ben Matheson
- Michelle Nolden as Teddie Lavery
- Dayle McLeod as Katherine “Kat” Carmichael
- Sera-Lys McArthur as Kodie Chartrand
- Montana Lehmann as Allie Nash
- Rebecca Gibson as Wendy Ross
- Benjamin Ayres as Alan Christie
- Cassandra Potenza as Georgia Lewis
- Alex Carter as David Hanley
- Jessica Matten as Gerrilyn Spence
- Andrew Chown as Shane Crawford
- Jerni Stewart as Lisa Mitchell
- Raymond Ablack as Sunil Doshi