Tired of today’s fast pacing online dating culture? Love to read and watch romantic pieces like Bridgerton, and Pride and Prejudice? If Regency-era romance; the boy coming to the girl’s window, professing his love for her, and taking her to the ball kind of romance, is what you enjoy, and would want to see if it works in real life, then NBC has got your covered.
Described as the baby of Bridgeton and The Bachelor by Cosmopolitan’s Mehera Bonner, The Courtship, a brand new reality dating show is all set to hit your television screens. Formerly known as Pride and Prejudice: An Experiment in Romance, the Regency-era-based dating competition is produced by Endemol Shine North America. Executive producers include Anthony Dominici, Sharon Levy, DJ Nurre, Michael Heyerman, Susy Price, and Andy Cadman.
What is the concept behind The Courtship?
The reality series is set in a gorgeous 19th-century castle in the rolling hills of England, and it stars 16 lucky suitors—all dressed in period clothing, of course—who will compete for lady Nicole Remy’s heart and her court – family and friends, after all, we are going all the way back to when family’s approval was a must.
The show will follow a modern woman, Nicole Remy who is fed up with modern dating. In the hopes of finding love, she is transported back to Regency-era England. However, the heroine is not the only one who has a say. Her court arranges dates for her and assists her in determining which suitors are worthy of her affection. Suitors find themselves at a weekly departure ball as they try to out-romance each other, where it will be revealed if their romance will continue or if their carriage will return them to the contemporary world.
The Courtship Release Date and Trailer
The Courtship will premiere on Sunday, March 6, 2022, on NBC at 8:00 pm. The episodes will hence air on a weekly basis. Every episode will be available on Peacock the next day.
Two trailers have been released so far. The first trailer gave us a look at Lady Nicole Remy and the 16 suitors fighting for her love. The second trailer is rather a sneak peek into the castle they will be living in.
Check out both the trailers below.
The Courtship Participants
Nicole Remy, a 26-year-old software engineer from Seattle, will be the leading lady in The Courtship. Nicole explored a new career and studied coding at the outset of the pandemic, according to NBC’s description, which finally allowed her to join a software business. She also spent two years as a member of the Seattle Seahawks cheerleading squad, the Sea Gals. She enjoys fitness, nature, travel, and reading, and she is committed to environmental stewardship and mindfulness.
Nicole’s court consists of her mother, Dr. Claire Spain-Remy, her father, Claude Remy, her sister, Danie, and a friend, Tessa Cleary.
Here’s the list of the 16 suitors participating in The Courtship
- Daniel Bochicchio, 31, real estate agent, Staten Island, N.Y.
- Giuseppe Castronovo, 27, pizzeria owner, Point Pleasant, N.J.
- Lincoln Chapman, 25, model, Nashville, Tenn.
- Christian Lee Cones, 25, IT support manager, Los Angeles
- Lewis Echavarria, 26, mortgage advisor, Miami
- Jaquan Holland, 30, teacher, Long Island, N.Y.
- Dan Hunter, 32, travel company owner, Los Angeles
- Derek Kesseler, 31, digital marketing manager, Vancouver, Canada
- Danny Kim, 31, former Air Force captain, Seoul, South Korea
- Alex “Achilles” King, 35, online fitness coach, San Diego
- Chandler “Chan” Luxe, 24, musical artist, West Hollywood, Calif.
- Charlie Mumbray, 25, at-home personal trainer, Kent, England
- Peter Saffa, 23, social media manager, Defiance, Mo.
- Jarrett Schanzer, 35, anesthesiologist, Miami
- Nate Shanklin, 34, recruiter, Sacramento, Calif.
- Caleb Ward, 24, content creator, Hampton, Va
The Courtship is hosted by Rick Edwards, from BBC Radio’s 5 Live Breakfast.