A German Netflix Original historical romantic drama series, The Empress is written by Katharina Eyssen and co-written by Bernd Lange, Janna Maria Nandzik, and Lena Stahl. Based on the early life and romantic escapades of Empress Elisabeth of Austria, this German historical drama is co-directed by Florian Cossen and Katrin Gebbe.
The official synopsis of The Empress season 1 reads:
“In 1800s Austria, passionate and rebellious Sisi and Emperor Franz Joseph face love under duress, intrigues and power struggles at the Viennese court.”
Has The Empress season 2 officially been renewed at Netflix?
According to What’s On Netflix, The Empress was renewed for a second season as of November 9, 2022. Considering the amount of viewing hours season one was able to garner within the first two weeks of its premiere, which is over 106,000,000 million hours, it does not come off as a surprise that it has been renewed for a second season. Touted as the most-watched non-English language series on Netflix for at least a week, the show has been able to gain a total of 159,800,000 million hours in the Netflix top ten.
The Empress season 2 release date
As of now, Netflix has revealed the release date of The Empress Season 2. But of we were to guess, the second season might arrive as soon as early to mid-2024, if the production starts soon. But a more calculated guess would suggest that The Empress Season 2 might even release at the end of 2024, given that the production has not started yet.
What can we expect to happen in The Empress season 2?
In season 1, we see Elizabeth giving birth to the first of her four children, Archduchess Sophie of Austria. Despite the fact that the birth of her first child was the happiest moment of her life, Elizabeth found herself at odds with her mother-in-law since the latter took the responsibility of raising the former’s children. Be that as it may, when Elisabeth takes her child to travel in Hungary, she dies of a high fever. As a result, all of the surviving children grow apart from their mothers, who started to showcase ‘unmotherly’ characteristics.
According to What’s on Netflix, “The second season is likely to explore the pregnancy of Elisabeth, and the first couple of years of life as a mother until the tragic death of her firstborn child.”
Who are the expected cast members of The Empress season 2?
The following list includes all the expected cast members of The Empress 2:
- Devrim Lingnau as Elisabeth von Wittelsbach
- Philip Froissant as Franz Joseph I of Austria
- Melika Foroutan as Princess Sophie of Bavaria,
- Johannes Nussbaum as Archduke Maximilian
- Elisa Schlott as Duchess Helene in Bavaria
- Jördis Triebel as Princess Ludovika of Bavaria
- Almila Bagriacik as Countess Leontine von Apafi
- Hanna Hilsdorf as Countess Amalia von Salm Reifferscheidt.
- Runa Greiner as Countess Charlotte von Stubenberg
- Svenja Jung as Countess Louise Gundemann
- Andreas Döhler as Duke Maximilian Joseph in Bavaria
- Wiebke Puls as Countess Sophie Esterházy
- Michael Fuith as Archduke Franz Karl of Austria
- Felix Nölle as Archduke Ludwig Viktor of Austria
- Martin Butzke as Gustav, Prince of Vasa
For more release date updates on The Empress season 2, stay tuned to Web News Observer!