The Lieutenant Governor has rejected the Kejriwal government’s proposal to set up a committee to probe the deaths due to lack of oxygen in Delhi.
The Delhi government wants to set up a committee to investigate the deaths due to lack of medical oxygen during the second wave of corona and compensate the victims’ families but it is not getting its nod.
Manish Sisodia has hit out at the Lieutenant Governor and the Centre over the issue.
The proposal has also been rejected in June
This is the second time that Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal has rejected the government’s proposal. He had earlier turned down the offer in June as well. The Delhi government says it wants to investigate the deaths in two hospitals.
Sisodia says oxygen shortage caused deaths
Talking to the media on Friday, Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said the Lieutenant Governor has sent back the file while the truth cannot come out without an inquiry.
He said no one can deny that there was an oxygen crisis during the second wave of corona in Delhi and there is no denying that people died due to lack of oxygen.
Centre responsible for medical oxygen crisis – Sisodia
The Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi said that the Union Government wants the State to give in writing that no one has died due to lack of oxygen. It would be a big lie.
He alleged that the Central government was responsible for the shortage of medical oxygen and crisis in April-May. Whether it was intentional or wrong should be investigated.
Sisodia said the Central government has to recognize that it is responsible for the oxygen crisis in the country.
Delhi government has also sent a letter to the Union Health Ministry
The Delhi government had constituted a four-member committee to probe the deaths, but the Lieutenant Governor rejected it.
Later last week, the Delhi government had written to Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandviya stating that it was seeking fresh approval for the constitution of the committee and that the deaths due to oxygen would not be known without investigation.
The letter was also sent to Amit Shah
The Health Minister as well as the Delhi government had written to Home Minister Amit Shah urging him to direct the Lieutenant Governor to flag off the proposal. Despite so many efforts, the Delhi Government’s proposal has not come to an end.