Mysuru: An MBA student on Tuesday was gang-raped, and her boyfriend was assaulted

Images 28

Mysuru: On Tuesday night, a 23-year-old MBA student at a private institution in Mysuru was allegedly gang-raped by unidentified individuals on the outskirts of the city near Lalitadripura.

On Tuesday, the girl was riding pillion with her boyfriend on her way to Chamundi Hills when they were stopped by a few others.

The gang initially demanded money, but when they couldn’t find any, they attacked her buddy and carried her to the location where they committed the crime, according to authorities.

The victim has been taken to the hospital. According to authorities, a gang-rape case has been filed against unknown people based on her complaint. According to the Indian Express, the woman is in serious condition and has yet to provide a statement to authorities.

Dr Chandragupta, the commissioner of police in Mysuru, visited the scene and established several teams to investigate the crime. “These cases are very sensitive. We cannot reveal too many details. An FIR has been registered. We will know how the attack happened when we get a statement from the victim. Meanwhile, her friend has given a statement and we have filed an FIR on the basis of that,” Chandragupta told the publication.

In response to the event, Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai told reporters in Delhi that he has asked the Director-General of Police, Praveen Sood, to take action to apprehend the perpetrators. Nobody has been arrested as of yet for the crime.

“ABased on the statement, a case has been registered. I have directed the DGP that whoever has perpetrated it, they should be identified and stringent action should be taken against them,” Bommai stated.

State home minister Araga Jnanendra called the event “unfortunate,” and said he has asked police to conduct a thorough investigation and take strong punishment. According to a preliminary report, four people were involved in the incident. The minister stated that he would be in Mysuru on Thursday.

“They are both students. At around 7.30 pm yesterday, they went to the forest region near the helipad. Some people who were following them have done this. At around 1.30 am, they got admitted to a hospital. In the morning, a memo was received from the hospital. An FIR has been registered. Further inquiries are on. I have directed the police to take it very seriously. No arrests have been made until now. We have sent an ADGP to Mysuru,” Jnanendra stated.

(With Agency inputs)