Get ready for a new season of Love is Blind to kick off this month of love!
Love is Blind, Netflix’s successful dating reality program will return for Love is Blind Season 2 this month. The show, which was created by Chris Coelen, follows participants as they get to know each other without physically meeting one another and decide whether or not to become engaged. The entire premise of the show is that love is blind, as the title says. So, would you get engaged to someone you’ve never met before?
The original Netflix show, hosted by Nick and Vanessa Lachey, premiered in February 2021. The series was so popular that it inspired spin-offs such as Love is Blind Japan. The original series is finally due to air two years later, following a long wait.
Here’s everything you need to know about season 2 of Love is Blind:
When is Love is Blind Season 2 release?
Love is Blind will return to Netflix for a second season on February 11, 2022. The first five episodes will drop with the premiere, followed by four more on February 18 and the finale on February 25.
Where is Love is Blind Season 2 set?
The season was shot in Chicago, a change from the previous season’s setting in Atlanta, and features a group of 30 Chicago-based singles looking for their future spouse.
Who are the contestants for Love is Blind Season 2?
Netflix on Tuesday revealed the Love is Blind Season 2 cast in an announcement video. Earlier, the Love is Blind Instagram account also released 15 female and 15 male contestants’ bios. Season 2 will be hosted by married celebrity couple Nick and Vanessa Lachey, who hosted the previous season, as well.
The contestants are:
- Abhishek ‘Shake’ Chatterjee: A 33-year-old veterinarian and DJ based in Chicago.
- Aja Johnson: The paralegal, 28, is a big fan of the video game The Last of Us.
- Brandon McGhee: insurance broker, 36, is also a fitness influencer.
- Brian Ngo: 32-year-old advertising strategist is a military veteran based in New York City.
- Caitlin McKee: 31, works in medical software sales and has a dog named Duke.
- Chassidy Mickale: The 34-year-old owns a beauty concierge service.
- Danielle Ruhl: The 29-year-old is an associate director in marketing.
- Deepti Vempati: 31 works as an information data analyst.
- Haseeb Hussain: The 28-year-old is a Chicago-based lawyer.
- Hope Antoniello: 32, a sales manager.
- Iyanna McNeely: The 27-year-old is a program coordinator at a health clinic.
- Joey Miller: The business strategy consultant, 30, has an MBA from Northwestern University.
- Jarrette Jones: project manager, 32, also hosts a podcast.
- Jason Beaumont: The 31-year-old is a flight attendant.
- Jeremy Hartwell: The entrepreneur, 36, loves to snowboard.
- Juhie Faheem: 31, is a therapist.
- Julius Cacho: The 39-year-old works as a logistics manager.
- Kara Williams: 32, is a client service manager.
- Kyle Abrams: The 29-year-old glazier has a dog named Linus.
- Mallory Zapata: 32, is a communications manager.
- Natalie Lee: The consulting manager, 29, loves to travel.
- Nick Thompson: The product marketing VP, 36, has a dog named Greyson.
- Olivia Harris: 29, works as a recruitment professional.
- Rocky Smith: The executive, 30, lived in Indianapolis before moving to Chicago.
- Salvador Perez: 31, is an executive assistant.
- Shaina Hurley: 32, is a freelance hairstylist.
- Shayne Jansen: 32, works as a real estate agent in Chicago.
- Shea’na Grigsby: 36, is an event partnership director.
- Trisha Frame: 30, is a real estate agent.
- Vito Slamone: 33, owns a pizzeria.
Is there a trailer for Love is Blind Season 2?
Netflix released the Love Is Blind Season 2 trailer on YouTube on Wednesday, February 2, 2022. The two-minute trailer begins with plenty of drama, with competitors crying and contemplating their relationships.
On January 13, 2022, they also released a teaser. “The pods are officially open,” announces Vanessa at the beginning of the teaser clip.
What is Love is Blind anyway?
In the teaser, one candidate explains, “I’m getting to know someone else’s heart before anything else.” A chosen group of people are placed in soundproofed “pods” to date other singles without ever seeing their potential match. They can only rely on their voice and communication skills. All distractions, including cell phones, are taken from the participants, who then live on-set with the other cast members. When they feel a genuine spark, they must propose to their beloved before all is revealed. When the couples travel on their honeymoon, move in together, and prepare for their wedding day, they will discover whether they can build a physical connection in addition to their emotional one. By the end of the show, some couples will have found love and a lifemate.
Here’s the official Netflix synopsis:
“With no distractions from the outside world, the singles talk to a stream of potential love interests, and when a meaningful connection is made, they propose and then lay their eyes on their fiancé for the first time.
Where can you watch Love is Blind Season 2?
Season 1 of Love is Blind is available exclusively on Netflix. Season 2 will premiere on February 11, 2022.