Amazon Prime Video has dropped a new trailer for the second season of Upload and it is super fascinating. The sci-fi sitcom is all set to be released on the streaming platform on March 11, 2022, chronicling the digital afterlife of Nathan Brown, played by Robbie Amell. The afterlife is entirely controlled by money so those who have money can live forever. Sounds capitalistic and the epitome of inequality? Yeah, it is what it is.
The story starts from the point where it was left at the end of the Season 1. Nathan’s Shallow yet extremely rich girlfriend, Ingrid, uploads herself on the the afterlife in order to stay with him. However, that complicates things between Nathan and Nora, who have started to feel something for each other, though trying to let it go, but all in vain.
The trailer shows Ingrid trying to test ‘prototykes’ or deformed virtual babies, which can be a hint to the fact that she wishes to have a family with Nathan. Afterlife is an easy way to cheat death for the wealthy elites, but what about the people who don’t have enough money? In the real world, people started questioning the capitalistic nature of the system where rich get another life of luxury and poor just die.
In order to make the story fresh in the viewers’ minds, Prime Video released a recap for Season 1 as well. The video gives a peek in the basic storyline of the series from the vest beginning.
In the first season, it was revealed that Nathan’s death might not be a mere accident but a properly planned murder. And in the real world, Nora is being followed by the killers of Nathan so that their secrets remain under the rug. The new season’s trailer doesn’t give any hints regarding how the impending danger will be tackled. But one can expect a crazy ride in the fascinating afterlife and finding ways to unravel the hidden secrets.
- Robbie Amell as Nathan Brown, a computer programmer who is uploaded to the digital afterlife Lakeview after he dies in a car crash.
- Andy Allo as Nora Antony, a living woman who is Nathan’s handler or angel in his afterlife
- Allegra Edwards as Ingrid Kannerman, Nathan’s crazy-rich girlfriend who pays for his afterlife
- Zainab Johnson as Aleesha, Nora’s coworker who is Luke’s handler
- Kevin Bigley as Luke, a resident of Lake View who is friends with Nathan and knows a lot of cheat codes in Lake View
- Josh Banday as Ivan, Nora’s coworker
The series will be premiering on Amazon Prime Video on March 11,2022. So, to experience a virtual life where dogs speak and one can swipe hotel menus in their refrigerators, do pop in on Prime and check the series out as soon as it releases.