Massively followed anime, Komi Can’t Communicate has been renewed for a second season and will be premiering in Japan in April 2022. However, there hasn’t been any announcement regarding when it will be released on Netflix and in what format. Directed by Yoshihito Okashita and Eiji Ishii, Komi Can’t Communicate is a Japanese Manga series, illustrated and written by Tomohito Oda.
Netflix streamed the series globally in a weekly episode format from October 21, 2021 to January 6, 2022. Now the key visuals from Komi Can’t Communicate Season 2 are out and the new season is returning on April 6, 2022. However, we will have to wait to hear an official release date from Netflix in order to stream it on the platform outside Japan.
"Komi Can't Communicate" 2nd Season
Key Visual pic.twitter.com/JiApB0luei
— Komi (@_komi03) February 25, 2022
Komi Can’t Communicate Season 2 Plot
Shouko Komi joins the elite Itan Private High School and immediately gains a lot of popularity due to her dumbfounding bishojo appearance and elegant manners everyone seems to think she has. She sits with Hitohito Tadano, who is a very average guy with an invisible personality. With time, he’s the only one who realized that ‘Komi can’t communicate’ and she has a grave problem in communication. In his own way to help her with her issue, he makes his goal to get her a hundred friends.
By the end of Season 1, Tadano had successfully got Komi a considerable number of friends. However, the anime is based on a manga which has 342 chapters till now, out of which around 72 were covered in the first season. So, taking that into account, it is safe to assume that there might be around 4 to 5 seasons in total to finish off the story.
Komi Can’t Communicate Season 2 Trailer and Poster
There hasn’t been an official trailer release yet. We can expect it sometime this month given that Komi Can’t Communicate Season 2 is all set to release on April 6, 2022. However, the official poster was released on March 1. Have a look.
アニメ「古見さん」第2期は4月6日放送開始、片居誠役に神尾晋一郎（コメントあり）https://t.co/jE35BtMTy3#古見さん #komisan pic.twitter.com/rELsU91Rrk
— コミックナタリー (@comic_natalie) March 1, 2022
Komi Can’t Communicate Season 2 Cast
- Shouko Komi: Voiced by: Aoi Koga (Japanese); Amber Lee Connors (English)
- Hitohito Tadano: Voiced by: Gakuto Kajiwara (Japanese); Kyle McCarley (English)
- Najimi Osana: Voiced by: Rie Murakawa (Japanese); Skyler Davenport (English)
- Ren Yamai: Voiced by: Rina Hidaka (Japanese); Cristina Vee (English)
- Omoharu Nakanaka: Voiced by: Rumi Okubo (Japanese); Cherami Leigh (English)
- Himiko Agari: Voiced by: Yukiyo Fujii (Japanese); Sarah Williams (English)
- Makeru Yadano: Voiced by: Ami Maeshima (Japanese); Kira Buckland (English)
- Akako Onigashima: Voiced by: Sarah Emi Bridcutt (Japanese); Erika Harlacher (English)
- Shigeo Chiarai: Voiced by: Kenji Akabane (Japanese); Sean Chiplock (English)
- Taisei Sonoda: Voiced by: Yuga Satō (Japanese); Devin Hennessy (English
- Mono Shinobino: Voiced by: Kensho Ono (Japanese); Jack Dillon (English)
- Shōsuke Komi: Voiced by: Junya Enoki (Japanese); Jack Dillon (English)