It’s that time of the year again when we either savor our favorite summer fruits raw or pulse them to create refreshing drinks and milkshakes to beat the heat. If you have already tried and tested internet recipes of summer coolers, Tata Play is all set to invigorate your recipe book with its experts like MasterChef India winners – Pankaj Bhadouria and Shipra Khanna and popular cooking show, Zaiqa’s host, Saira Mujtaba.
These experts are here to share the best cooking hacks, direct from their kitchen to your screen to make the summer chilly and fun.
Kiwi Cooler by Saira Mujtaba
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp sugar syrup
- 1/2 bowl of ice cubes, crushed
- 6 kiwi slices
- 4 tbsp kiwi pulp
- 1/2 cup soda water
- In a tall glass, place a layer of crushed ice.
- Add lemon juice, kiwi pulp, sugar syrup, and kiwi slices.
- Pour soda water and fill it to the brim.
- Refreshing Kiwi Cooler is ready to relish.
Cucumber Cooler by Tarla Dalal
- 1 3/4 cups roughly chopped muskmelon
- 25 to 30 peeled cucumber sticks
- 6 ice cubes
- 2 cucumber sticks
- Juice all the ingredients in a hopper and mix well.
- Add 3 ice cubes into 2 individual glasses and pour equal quantities of the juice into each glass.
- Serve immediately garnished with a cucumber stick in each glass.
Chocolate Freaky Shake by Shipra Khanna
- Chocolate ganache as required
- Few sprinklers
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup chocolate cookies
- 1 cup milk chocolate
- 1 choco pie with marshmallow
- 1 cup choco chips
- 1 tbsp chocolate powder
- 1 cup vanilla ice-cream
- Milk as required
- Ice as required
- Dressing Mug: Take a mug and spread the chocolate ganache on the rim of the mug.
- Spread it by using a brush on the top of the mug and put the sprinklers on the ganache.
- Now swirl chocolate syrup inside the mug.
- To make chocolate freaky shake: Take a blender jar and add chocolate cookies, milk chocolate, choco pie with marshmallow, choco chips, chocolate powder, chocolate syrup, vanilla ice cream, and milk, and blend it.
- Add a few ice cubes and blend it again.
- Now transfer it into the mug.
- Garnish it with cream, chocolate chips, and chocolate sticks.
- Chocolate freaky shake is ready.
Tip: Chocolate biscuits can be replaced with chocolate brownies.
Mango Shake by Shipra Khanna
- Almond milk as required
- 1 cup Mango pulp
- 1 cup vanilla ice-cream
- Ice cubes as required
- 1 cup fresh mango chunks
- 1 cherry
- Take a blender jar and add almond milk, mango pulp, vanilla ice cream, and ice cubes, and blend it.
- Now take a glass and add mongo chunks and a cherry; pour the shake and top it up with cream and dress up with a cherry.
Tip: Mango shake can be made with Almond milk, Soya milk, or Coconut milk.
Pomegranate Citrus Cooler by Pankaj Bhadouria
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup sugar syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt for taste
- Ice cubes
- Soda water
- Take a jar, and put Pomegranate juice in it.
- Add sugar syrup, lemon juice, salt to taste, and ice into it. Mix it well.
- Take a tall glass. Fill the glass with ice cubes and pour in the juice.
- Top it with soda water and serve chilled.
Tune into Tata Play Cooking on #112 to learn the best recipes for refreshing drinks this season.