Guava has several appealing qualities that can draw anyone to it, including a distinctive flavor, a fruity and tangy aroma, and a magnificent hue. But did you know that when consumed regularly and especially in the form of juice and on an empty stomach, it is also a nutritious powerhouse that can meet all of your body’s nutritional needs? Yes, guava, and so is its juice is a mystical beverage that has positive effects on every single bodily component and organ. Guava has some mind-blowing health benefits that will go a long way in keeping you fit and healthy.
Guava juice recipe
- 3–4 medium-sized guavas
- Two cups of cold water
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (if needed)
- Black salt (as per taste)
- Few ice cubes
- Mint leaves for garnishing
- To make the guavas easier to grind, thoroughly wash them with water and cut them into little pieces.
- Add them to a blender and blend until they form a smooth paste. Add one cup of water to the guava puree and blend again for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Now put the guava mixture through a strainer. You can also cover the bowl with a muslin towel instead.
- Pour the guava mixture over it and massage it with a spatula to ensure that the residue is free of lumps or seeds and to extract the most juice and taste possible from the pulp.
- Then pour the accumulated waste into a big glass and stir in the cold water. You can adjust the amount of water in the guava juice to get the desired consistency.
- For a tart flavor, you can also add little lemon juice. Stir until sugar is dissolved after adding sugar and black salt.
Here are 6 health benefits of drinking guava juice on an empty stomach:
Aids in better vision
Vitamin A is responsible for keeping the eyes healthy and free from eye-related diseases like macular degeneration, cataracts, etc. and Guava juice contains it in abundance. It also protects the eye cells and prevents in weakening of the eyesight.
Consuming guava juice every morning on an empty stomach can help you relieve and prevent constipation. The high fiber content stimulates regular bowel movements and also reduces inflammation, stomach ache, and uneasiness a person feels when constipated.
Vitamin C plays a very important role in keeping the skin healthy and glowing, and guava juice is rich in Vitamin C. A large amount of water present in guava boosts the hydration level of the skin and keeps it away from acne, and enhances skin health.
Aids weight loss
Guava juice helps you maintain and reduce weight due to the fiber and water content present in it, as it keeps you full for a long duration and prevents overeating and snacking. They are low in sugar and calories, which makes them a perfect drink to have first thing in the morning.
Boosts immune system
Guava is loaded with Vitamin C in it, which is important to keep the body away from diseases and illnesses as it helps in giving a boost to the immune system. It increases the formation of antibodies and even prevents viral fever and the common cold.
Betters heart health
The high levels of antioxidants and vitamins present in guava juice reduce the risks of several heart diseases like heart attacks, stroke, etc., and keep the heart healthy. It also lowers high blood pressure and bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol.