Check out the latest updates on Bridgerton Season 3.
Ever since Bridgerton hit the Netflix library in 2020, it has exponentially grown in terms of viewership and popularity. Based upon the novels by Julia Quinn, Bridgerton boasts over 950 million hours in 2022, second only to Stranger Things. Its second season amassed 656 million hours within the first 28 days of its release. Including its first and second seasons and a spin-off for Queen Charlotte, Bridgerton has become one of the most widely-watched and popular dramas on Netflix.
You got to see your favorite characters on screen in March 2022 in season 2. Here’s all you need to know about Bridgerton Season 3.
Has the production on Bridgerton Season 3 been completed?
According to a recent YouTube video released by Netflix, filming of Bridgerton Season 3 has officially begun. As per the sources, the filming will be carried on for the rest of the year and will wrap by December 20, 2022.
When will Bridgerton Season 3 release on Netflix?
Since the show will remain in the production process for the rest of the year, it certainly won’t be released this year. It is expected to premiere sometime in 2023, either in the summer or fall. Be that as it may, the show’s premiere can be delayed since it will also have to go through the post-production process, which will include the accretion of SFX and VFX.
In the recent turn of events, Chris Van Dausen, the showrunner of the season, was replaced by Jess Brownell.
Bridgerton Season 3 Synopsis
According to What’s on Netflix, the official synopsis of Bridgerton Season 3 reads:
“Penelope has finally given up on her long-held crush on Colin after hearing his disparaging words about her last season. She has, however, decided it’s time to take a husband, preferably one who will provide her with enough independence to continue her double life as Lady Whistledown, far away from her mother and sisters. But lacking in confidence, Penelope’s attempts on the marriage mart fail spectacularly.
Meanwhile, Colin has returned from his summer travels with a new look and a serious sense of swagger. But he’s disheartened to realize that Penelope, the one person who always appreciated him as he was, is giving him the cold shoulder. Eager to win back her friendship, Colin offers to mentor Penelope in the ways of confidence to help her find a husband this season. But when his lessons start working a little too well, Colin must grapple with whether his feelings for Penelope are truly just friendly. Complicating matters for Penelope is her rift with Eloise (Claudia Jessie), who has found a new friend in a very unlikely place, while Penelope’s growing presence in the ton makes it all the more difficult to keep her Lady Whistledown alter ego a secret.”
Bridgerton Season 3 Cast
The official cast list of Bridgerton Season 3 includes:
- Jonathan Bailey as Lord Anthony Bridgerton
- Simone Ashley as Lady Kathani ‘Kate’ Bridgerton
- Nicola Coughlan as Penelope Featherington
- Luke Newton as Colin Bridgerton
- Hannah Dodd as Francesca Bridgerton
- Florence Hunt as Hyacinth Bridgerton
- Claudia Jessie as Eloise Bridgerton
- Luke Thompson as Benedict Bridgerton
- Will Tilston as Gregory Bridgerton
- Ruth Gemmell as Lady Violet Bridgerton
- Adjoa Andoh as Lady Danbury
- Lorraine Ashbourne as Mrs Varley
- Harriet Cains as Philippa Featherington
- Bessie Carter as Prudence Featherington
- Phoebe Dynevor as Daphne Basset (née Bridgerton), Duchess of Hastings
- Golda Rosheuvel as Queen Charlotte
- Polly Walker as Portia, Baroness Featherington
- Martins Imhangbe as Will Mondrich
- Calam Lynch as Theo Sharpe
- Julie Andrews as the voice of Lady Whistledown
In addition to the above-mentioned list, three new people will be joining the cast. They include:
- James Phoon as Harry Dankworth
- Sam Phillips as Lord Debling
- Daniel Francis as Marcus Anderson
For more release date updates on Bridgerton Season 3, stay tuned to Web News Observer!