Here’s everything you need to know about Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 Episode 17 before it airs this week.
Grey’s Anatomy is now in its 18th season on American television. The new season has the same level of drama and romance as prior seasons. After such a long run, the show has managed to maintain a reasonably active fanbase that tunes in weekly to see what happens next in the lives of these characters and how their story arcs have progressed over time.
As the new episode is set to premiere this week we have got you covered with all the details had you should be aware of before delving right into the episode as a refresher for your memory and get a glimpse of the possible surprises and twists that the show creator has incorporated into the screenplay. Continue reading to know more about Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 Episode 17.
Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 Episode 17 Release Date
Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 Episode 17, I’ll Cover You, is set to premiere on Thursday, May 12, 2022, at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. The episode is directed by Debbie Allen. It is the seventeenth episode out of the twenty-episode season, which will conclude on May 26, 2022.
All episodes are approximately 43 minutes, excluding commercials, and are broadcast in both high-definition and standard. Furthermore, the season has only three episodes left as of May 10, 2022, before headings towards the season finale. Here’s the complete episode guide for you to understand the series’ schedule and plan ahead to watch the next episode.
- S18E1: Here Comes the Sun – September 30, 2021
- S18E2: Some Kind of Tomorrow – October 7, 2021
- S18E3: Hotter Than Hell – October 14, 2021
- S18E4: With a Little Help From My Friends – October 21, 2021
- S18E5: Bottle Up and Explode! – November 11, 2021
- S18E6: Everyday Is a Holiday (With You) – November 18, 2021
- S18E7: Today Was a Fairytale – December 9, 2021
- S18E8: It Came Upon a Midnight Clear – December 16, 2021
- S18E9: No Time to Die – February 24, 2022
- S18E10: Living in a House Divided – March 3, 2022
- S18E11: Legacy – March 10, 2022
- S18E12: The Makings of You – March 17, 2022
- S18E13: Put the Squeeze on Me – March 24, 2022
- S18E14: Road Trippin – March 31, 2022
- S18E15: Put It to the Test – April 7, 2022
- S18E16: Should I Stay or Should I Go – May 5, 2022
- S18E17: I’ll Cover You – May 12, 2022
- S18E18: Stronger Than Hate – May 19, 2022
- S18E19: Out For Blood – May 26, 2022
- S18E20: You Are the Blood – May 26, 2022
Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 Episode 17 Promo
Take a look at the promo of Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 Episode 17, I’ll Cover You.
The official synopsis of the episode states, “A former patient of Link’s, Simon, is in the ER with his pregnant wife; and Bailey receives an offer from Nick.”
What to expect in Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 Episode 17?
It’s tough to predict what will happen in Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 Episode 17 right now. Because there have been no spoilers circulating on social media, fans will be able to watch the episode for themselves when it premieres without being spoiled. If you’re as curious as we are, have a look at what we’ve put together as of some of the events that will undoubtedly be featured in the upcoming episode.
According to the promo, Richard Webber informs Meredith that the program must be saved. During his speech, though, he becomes sidetracked and notices many Merediths in front of him. He was high after unintentionally drinking a green juice laced with weed.
Moreover, the short synopsis of the episode does help to link the events highlighted in the promo. As, when Meredith discovers his error, she tells him, “You’re stoned.” In the hospital, that high could cause problems, especially for Richard, who is sober. Fans will have to wait and watch how it all plays out, as well as how it affects the struggle to save the residency program.
Because Grey’s Anatomy is the show it is, there will undoubtedly be some comedic moments in the upcoming episode, which will be paired with some entirely serious material. You’ll get a good mix of both, and Meredith will almost certainly return in the aftermath of her major decision.
Where to watch Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 Episode 17?
Episode 17 will release on ABC. However, all the prior seasons of Grey’s Anatomy are currently available on fuboTV and Netflix. Grey’s Anatomy is also available for rent or purchase on Amazon Prime Video, iTunes, Google Play, and Vudu.
Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 Episode 17 Cast
The main cast of the episode includes:
- Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey
- Chandra Wilson as Dr. Miranda Bailey
- James Pickens, Jr. as Dr. Richard Webber
- Kevin McKidd as Dr. Owen Hunt
- Caterina Scorsone as Dr. Amelia Shepherd
- Camilla Luddington as Dr. Jo Wilson
- Kelly McCreary as Dr. Maggie Pierce
- Kim Raver as Dr. Teddy Altman
- Jake Borelli as Dr. Levi Schmitt
- Chris Carmack as Dr. Atticus Lincoln
- Anthony Hill as Dr. Winston Ndugu
- Scott Speedman as Dr. Nick Marsh
The guest cast of the episode includes:
- Debbie Allen as Dr. Catherine Fox
- Bianca A. Santos as Kristen Clark
- Cedric Sanders as Simon Clark
Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 Episode 16: A Quick Recap
The previous episode, Should I Stay or Should I Go, was released on May 5, 2022. The episode was directed by Michael Watkins and written by Jase Miles-Perez & Jess Righthand.
The viewers got to see Catherine return to Grey Sloan after it was placed on probation, enraged that the Catherine Fox Foundation hospitals are all being investigated. Addison comes to Grey Sloan with Tovah, her transplanted uterus patient, who is now in pain, and mediates a squabble between Meredith and Richard about her willingness to fly to Minnesota. On the other hand, Addison loses her patience and yells at Webber, Catherine, and Meredith about their recent behavior when Tovah loses the fetus.
Wendell, Winston’s brother, tries to sell Grey Sloan on his new heart-monitoring technology, with Maggie enthused and Winston skeptical. Wendell asks Winston for assistance because the monitors aren’t working. Jo makes Todd jealous by flirting with him. While treating two factory employees in an accident with ex vivo limb perfusion, Teddy and Owen battle with their child’s gender identity, and eventually decide to attend therapy together to ensure they are on the same page. Bailey urges Jo to return as a surgical attending, but Jo opts to remain in her OB position while moonlighting as an attending.
After identifying symptoms of work burnout in herself, Bailey eventually takes a vacation day. Nick appears on Meredith’s doorstep and offers to work at Grey Sloan as a locum so she may stay. Meredith becomes enraged and tells him that she made the decision, but they agree to remain long enough to preserve the show.
Take a look at Episode 16 promo below:
Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 Official Trailer
Grey’s Anatomy Official Synopsis
Doctors at a teaching hospital in Seattle hone their bedside manners on and off the job in this medical drama. While the staff at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital deal with life-or-death consequences on a daily basis, they struggle to maintain personal lives and relationships.
Catch up with all the previous episodes of Grey’s Anatomy Season 18 and let us know in the comments if you are liking this season or not.