Is Apple TV+’s Little America Season 2 premiering this year or not? Here is everything we know so far.
The wait is finally over because the anticipated second season of Little America is all set to premiere this year. It is an American anthology streaming television series produced for Apple TV+ that follows the basic premise of Little America that looks to “go beyond the headlines to look at the funny, romantic, heartfelt, inspiring, and unexpected lives of immigrants in America, at a time when their stories are more relevant than ever. It is no surprise that the show was renewed early on for another season as the reviews indicate the show’s popularity and critical acclaim from the audience and critics.
On Rotten Tomatoes, the series has a 95% rating with an average score of 8.92 out of 10 based on 37 reviews. The site’s critical consensus is, “Joyous, heartfelt, and very human, Little America’s thoughtful collection of immigrant tales is as inspirational as it is relatable.” On the other hand, Metacritic has a score of 85 out of 100 based on 20 reviews, indicating “universal acclaim.” If you are one of those who want to get clarity about the potential release date, then look no further, as we’ve compiled all of the relevant information on Little America Season 2 and other crucial details.
Continue reading until you reach the end to find all of your answers.
Little America Season 2 Release Date
The series was renewed for a second season in December 2019, prior to the series premiere. Now, Apple TV+ has officially confirmed that the second season is set to premiere on December 9, 2022. The official Twitter handle of Apple TV+ has also shared a recent post with a new picture from the season, quoting, “Critically acclaimed anthology series #LittleAmerica is returning December 9 to Apple TV+” Take a look a the post below:
Critically acclaimed anthology series #LittleAmerica is returning December 9 to Apple TV+https://t.co/PadMbkeWoM pic.twitter.com/BrggeVNUGe
— Apple TV+ (@AppleTVPlus) September 29, 2022
Little America Season 2 Plot
Inspired by the true stories featured in Epic Magazine, “Little America,” will go beyond the headlines to look at the funny, romantic, heartfelt, inspiring, and surprising stories of immigrants in America when they’re more relevant now than ever.
On the TCA panel on the show, executive producer Alan Yang teased that the second season will go beyond the first season in scope and perhaps go “farther back in the past” to select the real immigrant stories which form the basis for the stories told in the series. Yang also joked: “We might do an episode about Harry and Meg.”
Gordon said she would like to see her husband’s story inspire an installment. “Even if he was still an open mike comedian in Chicago like he was when I met him, he is still deserving of a little bit of the Little America story,” Gordon said.
The creative team collectively said that the series would not deal with politics in an overt way. However, they noted that any program that examines the humanity of immigrants sends a political message. In a world of statistics and numbers in the news about the immigrant population, Nanjiani said, “saying an immigrant’s name is sort of a weird political statement… every single (number) is a person, a human being…Maybe the show makes (the immigrant) debate seem a little more concrete or real or personal.”
Little America Season 2 Cast and Crew
The main cast members of the series who are expected to return for the upcoming season are as follows:
- The Manager – Suraj Sharma as Kabir, Eshan Inamdar as young Kabir, Ishan Gandhi as preteen Kabir, Priyanka Bose as Kabir’s Mother, and Sherilyn Fenn as Laura Bush.
- The Jaguar – Jearnest Corchado as Marisol, Melinna Bobadilla as Gloria, John Ortiz as Squash Coach, and Jamie Gore Pawlik as Charlotte Ansley.
- The Cowboy – Conphidance as Iwegbuna, Tom McCarthy as Professor Robbins, Chinaza Uche as Chioke, and Ebbe Bassey as Mma Udeh.
- The Silence – Mélanie Laurent as Sylviane, Zachary Quinto as Spiritual Leader, Bill Heck as Jack, and Gavin Lee as Henry.
- The Baker – Kemiyondo Coutinho as Beatrice, Innocent Ekakitie as Brian, Susan Basemera as Yuliana, and Philip Luswata as Beatrice’s Father.
- The Grand Prize Expo Winners – Angela Lin as Ai, X. Lee as Bo, and Madeleine Chang as Cheng.
- The Rock – Shaun Toub as Faraz, Shila Vosough Ommi as Yasmin, and Justin Ahdoot as Behrad.
- The Son – Haaz Sleiman as Rafiq and Adam Ali as Zain.
“Little America” is written and executive produced by Lee Eisenberg, who serves as showrunner, and Kumail Nanjiani and Emily V. Gordon. Alan Yang executive produces through Universal Television. The series is also executive produced by Sian Heder, Joshuah Bearman, Joshua Davis, and Arthur Spector, executive produce for Epic Magazine. Heder also serves as co-showrunner alongside Eisenberg.
Little America Season 2 Episodes
This series will consist of 8 episodes with a runtime of 30 minutes per episode. The episodes are expected to premiere on the same day, which is December 9, 2022, instead of a weekly release. We’d also like to point out that, as of October 1, 2022, the exact episode titles and synopsis for the upcoming episodes cannot be confirmed. It will be disclosed once the episodes start to premiere.
In the meantime, check out the prior season; we have listed down all the episodes from the first season to recap all the events that will transpire in the new one.
- S1E1: The Manager – When his parents are deported, 12-year-old Kabir is left to run the family’s motel.
- S1E2: The Jaguar – An undocumented high schooler’s life is changed by an urban squash coach.
- S1E3: The Cowboy – A Nigerian student finds a sense of connection through Oklahoma’s cowboy culture.
- S1E4: The Silence – Her 10-day silent retreat gets complicated when Sylviane falls for a fellow meditator.
- S1E5: The Baker – Sent to America from Uganda to go to college, Beatrice risks it all to become a baker.
- S1E6: The Grand Prize Expo Winners – Hardworking mom Ai grapples with motherhood and her own identity on an Alaskan cruise.
- S1E7: The Rock – Faraz plans to build his family’s dream home despite a seemingly insurmountable obstacle.
- S1E8: The Son – A gay Syrian refugee dreams of being granted asylum in America so he can live openly.
Little America Season 2 Official Trailer
Apple TV+ has not relelased any official promo or teaser for Season 2 as of October 1, 2022. For the time being, watch the Little America Season 1 official trailer below to recap the events that transpired in the last season, which states, “From the people who brought you The Big Sick and Master of None, Little America is an anthology series that observes the funny, romantic, heartfelt, inspiring, and surprising stories of immigrants in America.”
Where to stream Little America Season 2?
Little America Season 2, along with the first season, is an exclusive series created for Apple TV+, so it will be available to stream on this platform only. The prior seasons are already available on the platform.
This streaming platform offers premium, compelling drama and comedy series, feature films, groundbreaking documentaries, and kids and family entertainment and is available to watch across all your favorite screens. Hence, the series will only be available to stream exclusively on Apple TV+ with a selection of membership tiers from which viewers can pick according to their preference.
Let us know in the comments if you will be streaming Little America Season 2 on Apple TV+ this year.