The Suxxex royals did not make it to the wedding guest list.
Hugh Grosvenor, who had been a close confidante of the royal family and incidentally is Prince Archie’s(Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s son) Godfather, has left the names of Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle out of the invitee list, per the Sunday Times. He is set to marry Olivia Henson in June.
Concerning this royal drama, a friend of Harry and Grosvenor’s told the outlet, “It’s incredibly sad it has come to this.” Further, the Insider elaborated that the mishap was purposefully done to avoid an awkward situation on the nuptial day since Prince William, 41, Kate Middleton, 41, and King Charles III all reportedly made the cut for the coveted guest list.
The insider continued, “He wanted to avoid anything overshadowing the day, especially for Olivia, and doesn’t want any awkwardness,” adding, “Hugh is one of the very few close friends of William and Harry’s who has maintained strong bonds and a line of communication with both. He wishes they could put their heads together and patch things up, but realizes it’s unlikely to happen before the wedding.”
According to evidence collected by Page Six, the wedding ceremony is to take place on June 7 at Chester Cathedral in northwest England. The Sussexes and the royal British family have been in a constant state of tension for several years now, but a recent aggravation in their relationship has deepened further with the release of royal reporter Omid Scobie’s new tell-all book, “Endgame.”
Via reliable reports this week, we have caught wind of the fact that King Charles III and Prince William have been working hard to assess the fallout after a Dutch translation of Scobie’s missive accidentally named the King and Middleton as two people Markle accused of “racist” comments.
The book revealed that Markle had been writing constant letters to her father-in-law, now the King, about the racial slurs that were being hurled at her unborn child, Archie. However, a more solid origination point of this incessant royal strife can be traced back to 2020 when the Sussex family decided to resign from their royal duties and relocate to the US.
In December 2022, the ridge between the royals deepened further when the Netflix documentary “Harry & Meghan” was released. According to Page Six, Scobie’s royal insider said that the documentary “took the wind out of everyone’s sails.” A source had revealed to the journalist, “[Charles] went from not wanting anyone to talk about his son to openly criticizing ‘that fool.’”
After the documentary bomb was dropped, another incident that fuelled the fire was the release of Prince Harry’s scathing tell-all memoir, “Spare,” which did not help to mend any wounds between him, his father, or William. While the Sussexes have tried to reconcile bonds with the family, the King is least bothered to forgive his son and daughter-in-law.
Another insider told Scobie, according to Page Six, “It’s complex, but there’s increasing frustration from some of the wider circle of family members that Charles won’t just fix things for the sake of everyone.”