After almost a two-year-long ‘droughtlander’, Outlander season 6 will be hitting the screens, and it seems that the fans are losing their patience over it. For those unversed, Outlander is inspired by the titular book series written by Diana Gabaldon. The television series begins with the time of 1945 and follows the life of a married combat nurse, Claire Randall, who is unknowingly transported back to 1743.
Subsequently, she begins to live two different lives in two different periods. However, it’s not until the arrival of a charming and chivalrous Scottish young warrior, Jamie, into her life that she finds herself really torn between the two worlds.
With such a compelling plot, it should not come off as a surprise that the Outlander series was a massive hit. Like all The Starz shows, this one too has an engaging story, intricately connected with time-travel romance, action, patriotism, and of course, the charming characters from whom we cannot help taking our eyes off.
With that said, here’s everything you need to know about Outlander season 6.
Is Outlander season 6 releasing on Netflix in October?
Unfortunately, the fans are fated to wait for a bit longer because Outlander season 6 is not arriving on Netflix in October. Netflix and Starz seem to share a deal wherein popular series consistently arrive on Netflix. Outlander seasons are reportedly added to the Netflix library two years after their finales are aired on Starz.
The finale of Outlander season 6 premiered on May 1, 2022, on Starz. Considering the presumed deal between Netflix and Starz, the new season will supposedly arrive on the streaming giant in May 2024.
Based upon this assumption, the wait is long. But let’s hope it achieves its fruition when the final season lands on Netflix.
What can we expect from Outlander season 6?
The official tagline in the trailer released on January 26, 2022, reads:
“Change takes courage. Freedom takes sacrifice. Love takes everything.”
According to sources, Outlander season 6 is loosely based on Gabaldon’s sixth book, A Breath of Snow and Ashes. In a conversation with Entertainment Weekly, the executive producer of the show, Maril Davis, hinted at what the audience could expect to happen in season 6. Davis said, “Jamie and Claire keep thinking they’re safe at Fraser’s Ridge, but in Season 6 we’re asking, ‘What do you do when your home turns against you?’ We’ll see how that happens in their own backyard.”
In season 6, we see Claire and Jamie fighting to secure what they adore, overcoming all the setbacks in colonial America. Set in the backdrop of political upheavals, season 6 also showcases the Frasers’ struggle to maintain peace within a society that is unabashedly moving towards Revolution.
What is the cast list of Outlander season 6?
The official cast list of Outlander season 6 includes:
● Caitriona Balfe as Claire Randall Fraser
● Sam Heughan as Jamie Fraser
● Richard Rankin as Roger Wakefield
● Sophie Skelton as Brianna Randall
In addition to the above-mentioned list, the following is the official description of all the characters (mentioned previously on our website) that will be joining the team of Outlander.
● Jessica Reynolds as Malva Christie, Tom’s young, spirited daughter. She is captivated by Claire’s work and modern thinking, which gets Malva in trouble with her conservative father. She struggles to toe the line between what she wants to do and what is expected of her.
● Alexander Vlahos, as Allan Christie, travels to the Ridge with his father, Tom, and his sister Malva. Headstrong and wary of strangers, he is highly protective of his family as they settle into this new environment.
● Mark Lewis Jones as Tom Christie, a fellow Ardsmuir prisoner, and devout Protestant, arrives on Fraser’s Ridge seeking a place to settle. As the de facto leader of the Protestant settlers who arrive with him, Tom’s strong opinions and convictions begin to create tension on the Ridge.
For more Netflix release date updates on Outlander season 6, look out for this space!