“Money is not peace of mind. Money is not happiness. Money is, at its essence, that measure of a man’s choices.” Sounds so dope when Marty says it. Correct us if we are wrong.
Who doesn’t like an impeccably written crime, with involvements of drug cartels, money laundering, crime families, mafia, and more? And accept it or not, sometimes, we as viewers, do fantasize about being a part of some mafia family in such nail-biting dramas, and if that drama is Ozark, nothing can be better than that.
The storyline of Ozark follows financial advisor Marty Byrde who hatches up a money-laundering operation in Central Missouri after one of his drug cartels in Mexico got busted. He moves with his family to Osage Beach in the Lake of the Ozark region, where he crosses paths with multiple crime families like Snell and Langmore and then Civella crime family or better known as the Kansas City Mafia.
The show has been on air for three complete seasons and the first part of the fourth. The second part of the fourth season is going to be released shortly and is one of the highly anticipated series currently. With the upcoming new part, the question that is the actual elephant in the room is, will there be Ozark Season 5?
Will there be Season 5 of Ozark?
Unfortunately, Ozark will be wrapping up after the fourth season, and it was clearly stated in a tweet by Netflix a long time ago.
They're going to go out with a bang.
Ozark will be back with an expanded 14-episode final season. pic.twitter.com/otIoUeTXyH
— Netflix (@netflix) June 30, 2020
Why isn’t Ozark Season 5 renewed?
It’s impossible for any series to run for infinite seasons. No matter how brilliant a series is, it is always planned for a specific number of seasons and episodes. The storyline can’t be stretched unnecessarily, no matter how huge the fandom is. If it’s bound to end, it will without any ifs and buts. And for such an explosive series, it is imperative to maintain the drama and essence, which, if stretched further, could get ruined. This is our explanation of why there won’t be Ozark Season 5.
What is coming up for Ozark?
The fourth and final season of Ozark was announced to release in two parts, one of which was released on January 21, 2022. For now, the fans have been waiting for the second part of the said season, and trust us when we say it is right around the corner.
How many episodes are there in Ozark Season 4?
Though the initial 3 seasons had 10 episodes each, 14 episodes are scheduled for the fourth season as per the announcement tweet by Netflix. 7 of them were released back in January this year, and the rest 7 are set to be released as Part 2.
Ozark Season 4 Part 2 Release Date
The second part of Ozark Season 4 is all set to release on April 29, 2022, on Netflix.
Ozark Season 4 Part 2 Trailer
Netflix released the trailer of Ozark Season 4 Part 2 on March 29, 2022. The trailer is as dark, intense, and serious as it can get. Throughout the trailer, there are a lot of shocking elements but what took everyone by surprise is the assassination attempt by Ruth. Not sure if it’s very much Ruth-like.
The trailer has some intense conversations between Marty and Wendy which kind of gives the impression that Wendy has a heavier hand this time and she clearly doesn’t want to lose.
Ozark Season 4 Part 2 Plot
After Helen is out of the picture, Marty and Wendy are the number one American money launderers for Omar Navarro’s drug cartel. However, with Langmore’s family gone in the last bloodshed, Marty finds himself in an emotional and psychological dilemma.
Ozark Season 4 Part 2 Cast
- Jason Bateman as Martin “Marty” Byrde, a Chicago-based financial advisor who was responsible for laundering money for a Mexican drug cartel but it failed, which led him to the Ozarks for a much bigger operation in order to compensate for the former.
- Laura Linney as Wendy Byrde. She is Marty’s wife and a public relations in charge of political campaigns. She isn’t as naïve as she portrays herself to be and is equally ambitious for her wants as anyone in the vicinity of the criminal world.
- Sofia Hublitz as Charlotte Byrde. She is Marty and Wendy’s daughter.
- Skylar Gaertner as Jonah Byrde. He is Marty and Wendy’s, son.
- Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore. She is a part of the Langmore criminal family.
- Charlie Tahan as Wyatt Langmore. He is Ruth Langmore’s cousin and plays a crucial part in the story.
- Lisa Emery as Darlene Snell. She is Jacob Snell’s wife and his partner in the heroin business.
Along with them, Netflix announced an addition to casting members via Twitter.
Alfonso Herrera, Adam Rothenberg, Felix Solis, and Damian Young will join the award-winning cast of Ozark Season 4 as Series Regulars. pic.twitter.com/Y1wV80jLX1
— Queue (@netflixqueue) November 13, 2020
- Alfonso Herrera as Javier “Javi” Elizondro. He is Omar Navarro’s nephew and lieutenant for his cartel.
- Felix Solis as Omar Navarro. Byrdes are laundering money for his drug cartel.
- Damian Young as Jim Rattelsdorf, Jim is a ‘filthy-rich’ lawyer who later becomes one of the Byrdes’ allies.
- Adam Rothenberg as Mel Sattem. He is a former cop turned private investigator.