Animation is something that just never goes out of style. No matter the story, the premise, or the setting, all of it becomes better when it is animated. Even the most grave of topics can be touched without making it controversial in this genre, like generational trauma in Encanto, racial segregation in Zootopia, losing loved ones in Lilo and Stitch, depression in Inside Out, animal cruelty in Dumbo, misogyny in Mulan and the list keeps going on.
One such upcoming animated movie that talks about bullying, racial segregation, and trying to rise above it is, Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank. Directed by Rob Minkoff and Mark Koetsier, it has a pretty impressive voice cast that includes Michael Cera, Ricky Gervais, Brooks, George Takei, Gabriel Iglesias, Djimon Hounsou, Michelle Yeoh, and Samuel L. Jackson.
Here’s everything we know about the upcoming Paramount Pictures project, Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank:
Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank Release Date
Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank is all set to hit the theatres on July 15, 2022.
Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank Trailer
The trailer of Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank has finally surfaced, and it looks just so fun. The trailer introduces us to an aspiring Samurai, Hank, who has just been bullied to date and now looking for “a great samurai who has fallen on hard times and maybe could use some help himself” to train him. One character that particularly steals the show is Emiko, a little Persian cat with blue eyes who is the absolute embodiment of cuteness.
Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank Plot
The film follows Hank, a beagle who lives among some big and pretty bad dogs. He gets bullied, beaten up, neglected, and treated as inferior as he isn’t bad enough as the others. He later finds himself in a town of cats where he wishes he finds a sensai who would teach him how to be a samurai. There came Jimbo, a samurai with a dark past.
The film shows the growth of both the teacher and the discipline as a new threat rises up for the cat town, and his malicious intent is pretty much evident.
Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank Cast
- Michael Cera plays Hank. He is a beagle. He gets bullied by the bigger dogs and notorious cats. In order to change situations for himself, he aspires to be a samurai.
- Samuel L. Jackson plays Jimbo. Jimbo is a bicolor cat who was a practicing samurai but left it all behind due to his own reasons. Now he starts teaching Hank and, in the process, pulls himself together.
- Ricky Gervais plays Ika Chu. She is a Somali cat.
- Mel Brooks plays Shogun. He is a British shorthair and is the ruler of Kakamucho.
- George Takei plays Ohga. He is the leader of Ika Chu’s army.
- Gabriel Iglesias plays Chuck, a calico cat who is clumsy by nature.
- Djimon Hounsou plays Sumo. He is a giant tabby cat.
- Michelle Yeoh plays Yuki. She is a Manx cat and the mother of Emiko.
- Kylie Kuioka plays Emiko. She is a young Persian cat who, too, wishes to be a samurai.
- Aasif Mandvi plays Ichiro, a bicolored cat.
- Cathy Shim plays Little Mama.