The New York Fashion Week is one of the most awaited and premium events that have styled and redesigned the field of design over the years. While this is a global event, America is never behind being the host. It comes up with some of the best fashion lineups that can blow anyone’s mind away. It houses some of the most premium brands and brings the most renowned designers from across the globe.
What if we told you a show has been providing esteemed designers a chance to showcase their best collections that could make it to the New York Fashion Week? But what if we told you that it is not without the drama, bickering, and logical battles among these designers to criticize each other? Well, if you have guessed what we are talking about, it is Project Runway, which has had over 20 seasons now, with the latest season’s finale premiering on September 8, 2023. With the show coming out with a fresh season almost every year, fans are curious to know if there is a season 21. Here is all we know so far about Project Runway Season 21.
Has Project Runway Season 21 been renewed?
No. The show has not yet been renewed, but we are looking at the finale very soon, so the show can be renewed very soon officially, but there are no comments from the maker’s end yet.
Why will the Project Runway Season 21 be renewed?
The following are the reasons for the show to be renewed;
- It has already been renewed for 20 seasons by the network, which shows the viewership numbers are high
- Bravo network has some long-running franchises like Top Chef, and they would want Project Runway to be a part of it
- They are not going to run out of ideas or scripts as they are backed by the New York Fashion Week with their themes
- The show is one of its kind, as there are very few shows around fashion that blend with the reality competition genre
- There are always new fashion designers joining the industry and making their mark
- This show can be scaled to a global level, too
Expected Release Date of Project Runway Season 21:
Looking at the following reasons, we are expecting a release not before the end of 2024 or late 2025. They are;
- The WGA and SAG-AFTRA Strikes
- The recency of completion of season 20
- Completion of this year’s New York Fashion Week
- Lack of official renewal
- Time of production and post-production, which begins post-New York Fashion Week
All about Project Runway Season 20:
These are the sneak peeks into the previous season if you have missed out;
- Bishme Cromartie won the Season 20
- He received a $250000 cash prize and an Elle Magazine feature
- He received a mentorship with the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
- He will be represented and marketed by Agentry PR
- The show had 14 episodes
- It saw star designers like Laurence Basse, Fabio Costa, Mila Hermanovski, Nora Pagel, Korto Momolu, Hester Sunshine, and Viktor Luna, amongst many others.
Makers of Project Runway:
The show is produced by;
- Heidi Klum
- Tim Gunn
- Harvey Weinstein
Amongst many others.
Where to watch Project Runway Season 21:
The show can be streamed on the following platforms with a subscription;
- Hulu Network
- Apple TV
- Amazon Prime Video
- Bravo TV official site
What are the spin-offs from the Project Runway franchise?
The official synopsis of the show reads, “Talented fashion designers showcase their skills as they compete in a series of challenges to win the coveted title and an opportunity to create a collection for the New York Fashion Week.”
The show has been streaming since 2004 with an IMDb rating of 7.4/10 and 87% Google viewership scores. Following are the spin-offs owing to the success of the show,
- Project Runway: All Stars
- Project Runway: Australia
- Project Runway: Threads
- Project Runway: Canada
- Project Runway: Korea
- Project Accessory
- Project Catwalk
- Project Runway: Philippines
- Project Runway: Israel
- Project Runway: Malaysia
- Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style
- Projeto Fashion