Is The Woman in the House Season 2 happening? Read on to find out.
With one of the longest names in Netflix history, The Woman in the House Across the Street From the Girl came to Netflix back in January 2022 and not only baffled the viewers with the name but the storyline as well. The first season did end with a whole new murder ready to get solved. However, there are still some speculations about whether The Woman in the House Season 2 will take place or not, as there has been no confirmation from the cast and crew.
However, there have been a lot of hints being dropped for an upcoming. No one seems to be sure if it will be actually happening or not.
Here’s everything we know about The Woman in the House Season 2:
The Woman in the House Season 2 Renewal Status
Since the show was announced, the words like limited series or miniseries have been constantly associated with it, which can mean that we shouldn’t expect multiple seasons of the series. Netflix has a history of keeping limited series ‘limited’ in the very literal sense. However, the ending of the first season did present the writers’ room with a considerable amount of canvas to extend the storyline.
There has been no confirmation of the topic, but there are mixed hints from the cast and crew no matter the series being ‘limited’. The showrunners, cast, and other crew have been giving frequent interviews, and from that, it can be deciphered that The Woman in the House Season 2 was never completely off the table.
All fans can do right now is to keep their fingers crossed and hope for the confirmation of The Woman in the House Season 2, which does have very slim to no chances of returning.
The Woman in the House Season 2 Release Date
As there has been no confirmation of the production of The Woman in the House Season 2, there is no release date as well. However, if nothing goes south and the renewal of the second season gets confirmed, we can expect it to hit the screen, not before the first or second quarter of 2023.
As the season is still not confirmed, all the processes from the start to the end, like development, casting, filming, post-production, etc., will overall take at least a year.
How many episodes will be there in The Woman in the House Season 2?
There has been no announcement regarding the number of episodes in The Woman in the House Season 2. However, as it is a miniseries, there won’t be a lot of episodes. We can expect it to have eight episodes, just like the prequel. The rest can only be known after any kind of confirmation surfaces from either the showrunners or the streaming platform itself.
The Woman in the House Season 2 Trailer
There has been no trailer for The Woman in the House series. Till one comes out, do take a look at the trailer of its first season:
The Woman in the House Season 2 Plot
The story follows Anna, a heartbroken woman who has actually nothing to lose after her daughter dies and the marriage falls apart. She takes refuge in alcoholism and the pills, which she sometimes mix and it leads to her having extreme hallucinations. One morning, Anna wakes up entirely convinced that she witnessed a murder. However, keeping into account her substance history, nobody took her seriously. So she decided to take the matter into her own hands and figure things out from which the law enforcers themselves are shying away.
By the end of Season 1, we see Anna on the plane and witnessing a murder in the lavatory. However, when she calls a flight attendant, the whole crime scene vanishes, and she starts questioning her own mental condition. The Woman in the House Season 2 can pick up from where it left and portray the aftermath of the flight.
The Woman in the House Season 2 Cast
- Kristen Bell as Anna Whitaker. Anna suffered a great deal when she lost her eight-year-old daughter, which eventually caused a rift in her marriage. The trauma made her addicted to extensive drinking and prescription medicines. The combination of both resulted in major episodes of hallucinations. She also suffers from ombrophobia, which means a crippling fear of rain.
- Michael Ealy as Douglas Whitaker. Douglas is Anna’s ex-husband. He works as a forensic psychiatrist and FBI profiler who specializes in serial killers.
- Tom Riley as Neil Coleman. Neil is Anna’s neighbor, who is also widowed.
- Mary Holland as Sloane. Sloane is Anna’s supportive friend. She owns a local art gallery.
- Cameron Britton as Buell. He is a handyman who has been repairing Anna’s mailbox since a considerable amount of time. By nature, he is friendly and pretty much simple-minded.
- Shelley Hennig as Lisa. Lisa is Neil’s girlfriend who was murdered, and Anna claimed to witness it.
- Samsara Yett as Emma Coleman, Neil’s nine-year-old daughter.