If any show has the take-me-back-to-the-90s kinda vibe, then it has to be That ’90s Show! It takes all the mid-90s kids back to That 70s Show, which they had seen while growing up. Set in 1995, That 90’s Show revolves around the daughter of Eric and Donna who is visiting her grandparents for the summer. As the days of her staycation advance, she makes friends with the new kids who are living in Point Place, WI.
Bonnie and Terry Turner will be returning as the showrunners of the series. What’s more, their daughter Lindsey Turner will also play an integral role in the writing process, along with Gregg Mettler who was a part of the original show.
If you do feel yourself vibing to such a vintage series, then check out the official teaser of That ’90s Show:
When will That ’90s Show be released on Netflix?
As per the official announcement, That ’90s Show will premiere on Netflix on January 19th, 2023. Not only that, but according to What’s on Netflix report, season 1 will constitute 10 episodes with a 22-minute runtime.
According to Variety Insight, the filming for That ’90s Show was scheduled between February 7 and June 24, 2022. The show began its production process on July 20, 2022. The filming was set in Los Angeles, California at Netflix’s headquarters.
The actor, Wilmer Valderrama, who is famous for reprising the role of Fez in That ‘70s Show, posted a photo on Instagram of a script, which was captioned as, ‘To whom it may concern…Now if I could just remember the accent.’
View this post on Instagram
Who is the cast in That ‘90s Show?
Upon the announcement of the show, the return of Kurtwood Smith was also announced, who will be reprising his role as Reginald ‘Red’ Forman, along with the return f Debra Jo Rupp, who will be reprising her role as Kitty Forman. These two are officially confirmed to be present throughout the series.
Apart from these two, Laura Prepon and Topher Grace will also be making their return according to What’s on Netflix. Other old cast members include:
- Mila Kunis as Jackie Burkhart
- Ashton Kutcher as Michael Kelso
- Wilmer Valderrama as Fez
- Tommy Chong as Leo
In conversation with Variety, Kutcher expressed his feelings about returning to the set. He said:
“It was really nostalgic to be back on the set. It’s all the same folks that made That ’70s Show, so it was pretty bizarre. Mila and I were contemplating it. We thought, ‘Listen, we’re only in the position that we’re in because of that show, so let’s just go back and do this.’ We just went back and had fun for a week. It was so random and fun.”
In addition to these old cast members, you can expect the arrival of new members too to spice up the show and make it more riveting. These new cast members are:
- Mace Coronel as Jay, a true romantic, an aspiring film director who constantly carries a camera with him
- Callie Haverda as Leia Forman, a bookworm daughter of Eric and Donna
- Ashley Aufderheide as Gwen, a petite and delicate ball of energy, who has a penchant for pink dresses and ripped jeans.
- Reyn Doi as Ozzie, Gwen’s gay best friend, who does not abstain from owing his gender identity. Honesty is his sure policy.
- Maxwell Acee Donovan as Nate, Gwen’s older brother, who likes worn-out Dodge minivan
- Samantha Morelos as Nikki, whose family has a PhD in overachieving. So, intelligence and brilliance are in her genes, but she also has a streak of rebellion that’s hard to miss. Oh, by the way, she’s dating Nate.
The debut of That ‘90s Show is certain to carry some nostalgia for its predecessor. Even if the writers and actors are partially the same, will the new show be as exciting and humorous as the original? Well, we can only judge when it premiers on Netflix on January 19, 2023. Don’t forget to save the date, folks!
Keep checking the Web News Observer for more updates.