Tick, tock! Tick, tock! And just like that, we’re only a couple of hours away from part one of the fourth season of You dropping on Netflix; just a couple of hours away from watching Joe, no sorry, Professor Jonathan, stalking another woman in London.
Based on the books written by Caroline Kepnes, You has become one of the most critically acclaimed thrillers, with its popularity skyrocketing with the release of every new season. Originally, the show was streaming on Lifetime before Netflix licensed it and made it an Original. Developed by Sera Gamble and Greg Berlanti, the series stars Penn Badgley as Joe Goldberg, who has stalked his favourite women in the world’s most attractive places, including New York, Los Angeles, fictional Madre Linda, and now, Paris.
With the first part of You season 4 dropping on the streaming giant today, here’s everything you need to know about part 2!
What time does You season 4 part 1 premiere on Netflix?
During the Netflix TUDUM event, the fourth season was announced to be streamed into two separate parts. The first part will premiere on Netflix on Friday, February 9, 2023, while the second part will premiere on Friday, March 9, 2023. The news was also confirmed through the official Twitter handle of the series, quoting, “There’s an imposter among us.”
𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚜. 🕵️♂️ pic.twitter.com/g1AsDSLian
— YOU (@YouNetflix) January 9, 2023
In regards to the timings, the US audience will be able to stream the first part on Netflix at 12:00 a.m. (PT ) or 3:00 a.m. (ET). For the people living in the Central time zone, the option for streaming will be open from 2:00 a.m. CT on February 9th, 2023. Below mentioned are the respective time slots for international viewers:
- Alaska: 11:00 p.m. AKDT on Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- Brazil: 5:00 a.m. BRT on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Dubai, UAE: 12:00 p.m. GST on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- East Coast of the US: 3:00 a.m. ET on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- England: 8:00 a.m. BST on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- France: 9:00 a.m. CEST on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Germany: 9:00 a.m. CEST on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Hawaii: 10:00 p.m. HST on Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- Italy: 9:00 a.m. CEST on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Israel: 10:00 a.m. IDT on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- India: 1:30 p.m. IST on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Japan: 5:00 p.m. KST on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Mountain Time: 1:00 a.m. MT on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Midwest of the US: 2:00 a.m. CT on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Spain: 9:00 a.m. CEST on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- South Africa: 10:00 a.m. SAST on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- South Korea: 5:00 p.m. KST on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Sydney, Australia: 6:00 p.m. AEST on Thursday, February 9, 2023
- West Coast of the US: 12:00 a.m. PT on Thursday, February 9, 2023
That being said, we are brought to the most obvious question now…
When will You season 4 part 2 premiere on Netflix?
As mentioned previously, You season 4 is slated to arrive on the official streaming platform in two parts. The first part comes out on February 9th, while the second is confirmed to arrive a month later on Thursday, March 9. Make sure you’ve marked your calendars!
What can we expect to happen in You season 4 part 2?
Here’s the official plotline of You Season 4 (courtesy of Netflix):
“After his previous life went up in flames, Joe Goldberg has fled to Europe to escape his “messy” past, adopt a new identity, and, of course, to pursue true love. But Joe soon finds himself in the strange new role of reluctant detective as he discovers he may not be the only killer in London. Now, his future depends on identifying and stopping whoever’s targeting his new friend group of uber-wealthy socialites…”
With Joe and Love’s relationship arresting at an aggressive stop, Joe is moving to yet another continent, this time Paris, to mull over his latest obsession, Marianne. However, it’s not just the character Joe who is donning a new profession. You season 4 will be Penn Badgley’s directorial debut.
In a conversation with GQIndia, Gamble said, “Reading Caroline’s novel, Greg and I were instantly obsessed with Joe Goldberg and his twisted worldview. And it’s been thrilling to watch Penn bring Joe to creepy yet compelling life. We’re deeply grateful that Netflix has shown You such monumental support, and that people around the world have enjoyed watching Joe really get it all very wrong over the past 3 seasons.”
New city, new identity, new crew. Let’s dig into Joe’s new subjects, shall we? 🇬🇧 pic.twitter.com/XodCKcHtsc
— YOU (@YouNetflix) December 6, 2022
Who are the cast members of You season 4 part 2?
In addition to Penn Badgley, reprising his mysterious role of Joe Goldberg/Jonathan Moore, we expect the following members to join the cast of You Season 4 Part 2:
- Tati Gabrielle as Marienne
- Charlotte Ritchie as the devoted art gallery director Kate
- Amy Leigh Hickman as the literature major Nadia
- Ed Speleers as the author Rhys
- Tilly Keeper as the upper-class socialite Phoebe
- Lukas Gage as Phoebe’s boyfriend Adam
- Niccy in as the entrepreneur Sophie
- Aidan Cheng as Sophie’s introverted author brother Simon
- Eve Austin as the Oxford grad Gemma
- Dario Coates as the former sportsman Connie
- Ozioma Whenu as the Nigerian princess Blessing
Joe's inner thoughts are about to have a field day with this crew. pic.twitter.com/mSmakTomCz
— YOU (@YouNetflix) January 8, 2023
On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you to stream the second part of You Season 4? Drop your answers in the comment section given below!
Don’t forget to stay tuned to Web News Observer, for more updates on You season 4 part 2!