“A woman’s intuition is better than a man’s. Nobody knows anything you know, and a woman can guess a good deal nearer than a man.”
Isn’t it a treat to see a young woman in the lead of a show/movie? Especially when that young woman is from the ’90s or ’80s? Fans must understand; what a delight it is to watch a historical drama with spice! But what to do when you can’t find the right show according to your taste? Don’t worry, got you covered! If you are a historical drama fan, here’s your clue: renew your subscription and watch The Gilded Age!
Unlike the other shows, where they make us watch the basic story between the rich & poor. The Gilded Age focuses on the families of old wealth and new wealth conflicts. The Glided Age written by Julian Fellowes, one of New York’s bestsellers, created this series in 2018. After the announcement, the fan’s ears spiked up with the premiere on January 24, 2022. While fans doodle on season 1, some of us are waiting for The Gilded Age Season 2!
While shows like Game of Thrones or Bridgerton made us fall in love with historical drama. We can’t get enough! Probably, why HBO thought of giving us another amazing show. Fan’s reaction after The Gilded Age Season 1, ensured its creator’s that the show is worth it! After sending sincere thanks to the team, we are now dying to know when The Glided Age Season 2 will release!
Is The Gilded Age Season 2 renewed?
We saw how Marnia gets tangled between her aunt and her rich neighbor in war. All she wanted was a fresh start but nothing was refreshing there. The social conflicts between Agnes Van Rhijn, Ada Brook, and the Russells are getting heated.
— HBO (@HBO) May 16, 2022
While we get to witness more of their conflicts in Season 2. On May 16, 2022, the HBO official tweeted about the renewal of The Gilded Age Season 2 with the shot of their production. As elastic as anyone can get, we are waiting to hear more from them. Since we know the production has started and with the official announcement, at least we can know we’ll be getting more soon!
The Glided Age Season 2 Release Date
As of now, all we know is that Season 2 is in its production stage. There is no official word on the exact release date of The Gilded Age Season 2. However, if are to predict we might get to see the new season somewhere in 2023 if all goes well with the production and the post-production process.
The Glided Age Season 2 Expected Cast:
Ever since the season 1 premiere, the director must be receiving all kinds of appreciation for choosing such a talented cast. More than that, we are the ones who can’t get enough! We want our favorite characters to return & for that we need assurance. So, here we are with the list of The Glided Age Season 2 expected cast:
- Bertha Russell, who is, determined to use her money and position to break into polite society, is played by Carrier Coon, the American Actress famous for her role in The Leftovers.
- Gladys Russel, innocent and gullible, is played by Taissa Farmiga, the scream queen.
- Larry Rusell, a Harvard graduate who wants to draw his path in this world, is played by Harry Richardson.
- George Russell, the dutiful husband and a classic example of a socially bullied one because of his new money, is played by Morga Spector.
- Oscar Van Rhijin Agnes, a clever, charming, and homosexuals son who’s looking for a shield from society, is played by Blake Ritson.
- Ada Brook, Agnes’ sister who’s reliant upon her charity, is played by Cynthia Nixon.
- Marian Brook, the poor young soft woman who shifted to live with her aunts, gets tangled in the social war, is played by Louisa Jacobson.
- Peggy Scott, an African-American writer, and Agnes’ secretary are played by Denee Benton. The American actress and singer are famous for her performances in Natasha, Pierre, and The Great Comet of 1812.
There are other actors/actresses returning like Blake Ritson, Jake Gilpin, etc.